This list of crimes was compiled from censored police reports and written by Lydia Sprague


A man called 911 around 8:20 p.m. on May 30 after being involved in a road-rage situation in Queen Anne that ended with the other driver pulling a semi-automatic handgun out.

The victim told police he’d been driving west on Nickerson Street where the two lanes merged into one. He saw in his rear-view mirror a car coming up from behind in the other lane, accelerating to pass him. He also accelerated so the other car couldn’t pass, but the other car eventually got in front of him.

He said, by the time the other car passed him, it was down to one lane, and it almost ended in a collision.

After the other car got in front of him, the driver of that vehicle stepped on his brake, almost leading to another collision.

At this point, the victim began following the other car closely, heading westbound toward the Ballard Bridge. He followed the vehicle to an industrial area just off of 15th Avenue West and West Bertona Street. The other vehicle parked, and the driver got out.

The victim said he was about to park and confront the driver, when he saw the suspect walk to the trunk of his car and open the trunk. He said he thought the driver might grab some type of weapon, so he drove off.

He said while he was driving away he looked back and saw the suspect appear from the trunk with a semi-automatic in his right hand and point it toward him.

Missing cash

On May 20, around 3 p.m., police responded to a business in 900 block of Dexter Avenue North in response to a reported burglary.

The business manager told police, when he opened the business that day, the cash from the register and a bank bag were missing.

He said he first went to the building maintenance workers to complain. They checked surveillance video and discovered that, at 2 a.m., two suspects forced their way into the building.

The business manager told police that he always has $200 in the register and the remainder of the week’s cash in a hidden bag. He said the total amount of cash missing was $2,025.

Police viewed the surveillance video and saw two men entering the building from the back door. The suspects used crowbars to force it open. The suspects are then seen running out of the business three minutes later.

Officers checked the building and found pry marks on the door. Four doors inside the building also had fresh pry marks.