This list of crimes was compiled from censored police reports and written by Lydia Sprague.

Road rage

Police responded to a traffic disturbance in the intersection of Third Avenue West and West Harrison Street at noon on July 19.

When they arrived, officers spoke with the two people causing the disturbance, both of whom are drivers for rideshare services.

Each alleges the other cut him off while they’d been driving southbound on Elliot Avenue West from Pier 91. They began aggressively cutting each other off, causing numerous accidents on Elliot Avenue.

As they both turned eastbound onto West Harrison Street, one of the drivers pulled in front of the other and stopped, blocking him in. The first driver got out of his car and confronted the second driver.

The first driver says the driver still in the car pulled out a can of pepper spray and sprayed him.

The second driver says the first driver pulled him out of the car and began chasing him around the intersection with a lead pipe.

There were no witnesses left at the scene, so police couldn’t figure out who was telling the truth. They didn’t find any pepper spray or lead pipe on the scene or in either vehicle.

Both drivers were interviewed and let go.

Carry a big stick

Several police officers responded to a strong-armed robbery in progress at a store in the 300 block of Denny Way at 2 p.m. on July 21.

The 911 call reported a shirtless man was swinging around a large stick inside the store; he stole beer and then ran off southbound on Third Avenue.

Officers began scouring the neighborhood and eventually, one spotted the suspect running near the Space Needle. Police chased the suspect and caught him, arresting him upon contact.

The store employee was brought to the scene to identify the suspect. He said the suspect entered the store, took a can of Red Bull and then swung a stick at him.

The suspect then ran out of the store with the Red Bull and the stick. 

Burglarized business

At 2:30 p.m. on July 13, police responded to a reported burglary at a business on Mercer Street and spoke with the business owner. She said that, sometime the previous night, her business was broken into and the cash register was destroyed; $50 cash was taken from the register.

She said she was the last person to leave the business, around 10 p.m. She is certain she locked the cash register and all the doors to the business.

When she arrived at 11 a.m., she noticed damage to the front door and the register, and the money was missing.

Wide-open door

On July 18 at 8 p.m., a woman living in the 2000 block of 13th Avenue West called 911 after arriving home from a five-day trip to find her front door open and all of her jewelry box drawers emptied and sitting on her bed.

Responding police didn’t find any damage to the front door.

The victim was not completely certain what was missing.

There was no damage to anything, and no electronics were taken.

Desperate for smokes

On July 12, police officers responded to a burglary alarm at a convenience store in the 2200 block of 32nd Avenue West. The alarm-company told 911 operators that glass could be heard breaking and people were inside the store.

Officers were dispatched at 3:21 a.m.

Police arrived to find that the burglars had thrown a large rock through the front window of the store.

They’d used the same method to entered the secured cigarette cabinet, using a large brick to smash the locked glass security door.

The business owner responded to the store and said he didn’t think anything other than cigarettes were stolen.

Laptop heist

Police responded to a house in the 3200 block of 21st Avenue West at 5:30 p.m. on July 9 after the residents arrived home and noticed numerous items under a bedroom window knocked over.

Somebody had climbed into the house through the window. Once inside, the burglar took three laptop computers, a tablet computer and a duffel bag.

Responding officers dusted the bedroom window for fingerprints, but it appeared the burglar was wearing gloves.

Stolen storage

A woman living in the 400 block of Republican Street called 911 at 4:44 p.m. on July 22 to report that her storage unit had been broken into.

When police arrived, they saw the lock had been ripped off the door.

The victim said the only thing missing was a laptop computer.

She also said the only people who have access to the storage facilities are the residents and some workers who recently cleared out a room.

She said she and her husband had not been down to the storage room in three weeks.